Public Notice: Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality’s Draft IDP AND Budget Process Plan 2023/2024
Section 21 (1) of the MFMA (Act 56 of 2003), which requires the mayor of a municipality to:
- (b) At least 10 months before the start of the budget year, table in the municipal council a time schedule outlining key deadlines for:
- (i) the preparation, tabling and approval of the annual budget;
- (ii) the annual review of
- (aa) the integrated development plan in terms of section 34 of the Municipal Systems Act; and
- (bb) the budget-related policies;
- (iii) the tabling and adoption of any amendments to the integrated development plan and the budget-related policies; and
- (iv) any consultative processes forming part of the processes referred to in subparagraphs (i), (ii), and (iii).
Subsequently section 28, (3) of the Municipal System Act provides that:
A municipality must give notice to the local community of particulars of the process it intends to follow.
The city wishes to inform all its stakeholders and communities, of the draft key dates that will provide opportunities for inputs and influence on the Review of IDP and Budget for 2023/2024. The citizens are hereby requested to submit their inputs/comments in writing and email to the General Manager: IDP and Organisational Performance at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, 30 June 2022. The table attached in the PDF above for download summarises the draft key activities and applicable dates that the city intends to follow on its review.
Mr Tebogo Motlashuping – Acting City Manager